Discuss Warranty in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
I tiled a bathroom two years ago and now the customer came back to me and mentioned two tiles came off.If it would be a couple of month I would'nt mind to go back and fix it at my own expense but two years is a bit much even though we know it can have a lots of other reasons why this can happen.

It should last more than 2 years!! IMHO
Go and take a look?

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
I'm exactly with Sir Ramics view,I'm in the business for over 25 years so I know a bit how it works. But there must be somewhere to look or go for legal advice if you're not a customer.
Not all customers are nice and always want the best of you.

I would go and take a look before jumping to conclusions!see what the problem is?... Take pictures?

G

Gazzer

just in general, there must be a standard how long are we liable for our work.
otherwise it would be all on personal view, which can't be the right.I don't mind to go back , and solve the problem.
after all we talking about two tiles
I just thought as the trader I must have some rights, trading standards only take the side of the customer.

I wouldnt expect to have any tiles falling off really but 2 years is a very short time in all honesty. I would be re fixing right away.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Subject to a number of caveats e.g. Correct use, loadings, cleaning regimes etc etc fit out to a house should be designed to last for the duration of the buildings life. That is pretty common to all building materials. Typically for domestics that is 50years....

2 years is not a long time to ask a tile installation to last IMO. Whether or not yo are liable dependent entirely n why it has failed. The burden of proof is likely to be on the end user though. Go have a look and see what the issue is. It may be nothing to do with the tiling then you are sorted....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Warranty in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just after a quick bit of advice. The other half wants porcelain slabs for the patio...
Replies
Views
Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB