Discuss Waste Of Time..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

Left job early today to be at store room to wait on delivery of 2 pallets of adhesive. Driver calls to say he'll be there in ten minutes, 1 hour later, he turns up saying he got lost.

Opens back of lorry and both pallets have collapsed......... so can't get trolly underneath and the 2 of us have to man handle a hundred bags of adhesive into the store. I say 2 because the driver was useless and could barley walk, never mind move 2000 kg of the stuff.

After signing the line and leaving the driver without a name, we then load the van ready for a 5 am start doing a trav floor in a kitchen/family room extension. Drop apprentice off get home, and file line.

This is where i notice I've just signed for a 100 bags of grey addy instead of white. Hoping its just the line that's wrong, check van, and it's all grey. Every job I have between now and christmas needs white adhesive.

So I'm left with a late start tomorrow to get white addy for trav floor (my tile shop doesn't open till 9) Fall out with suppliers who will try and blame me, and the happy thought, knowing I'm gonna have to move the addy back onto the lorry.......

I suppose the moral of the rant is....... check the line first :oops:

Reply to Waste Of Time..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Waste Of Time.....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.