Discuss Water levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Just wondered how many of you guys/gals use, or have used a water level?Faithfull Water Level 20M/66Ft Professional : Tooled-Up.com

I think they are the most acurate (if used right) the best way to transfare levels over distances, also into different rooms around corners etc. Lasers are great, but they can't register( out of line of site).

I have always put my trust in them. The pyramids were built using them, that is good enough for me.

Sorry if this question has been asked before.:thumbsup:

U

user123

I think that's a FANTASTIC post, Phil, we had one at home, for all the various projects my Dad did, it was always there in his workshop, I think I mentioned it on the tiling course when we got shown the pros and cons of laser levels which I wasn't impressed with at all, (if the floor it's standing on moves it wobbles all over the place? Pfff...) I was so hoping I could have the water level when my parents sorted stuff before they moved into a disabled friendly flat, but I never got it, don't know what happened to it, I was gutted. To be honest, I didn't know you could still buy them, wonderful.Thanks for that :)

W

White Room

I think that's a FANTASTIC post, Phil, we had one at home, for all the various projects my Dad did, it was always there in his workshop, I think I mentioned it on the tiling course when we got shown the pros and cons of laser levels which I wasn't impressed with at all, (if the floor it's standing on moves it wobbles all over the place? Pfff...) I was so hoping I could have the water level when my parents sorted stuff before they moved into a disabled friendly flat, but I never got it, don't know what happened to it, I was gutted. To be honest, I didn't know you could still buy them, wonderful.Thanks for that :)

Here you go G Tradetiler setting out tiling tools

U

user123

I always use mine when doing swimming pools I really like using them, I normally use the syphon method when using it to clear any air bubbles from it ,place one end in a bucket at head height and syphon the water through only takes a minute to fill the level without any air bubbles

Gary that is the correct way to syphon, and the only way to fill them, so nice when you get out the last bubbles. Nice to see old ways still used.:thumbsup:

And that's how my Dad always showed us to do it, too, :hurray: we should have a water level fan club :lol:

bansko

TF
just used my water level on a site recently and was getting some strange looks from people, some funny comments as well (have you geordies not heard of lasers) but you cant beat them. Its amazing how many people dont know what they are including experienced site management, a mate of mine used to add some sort of coloured dye to make the water clearly visible. Just bought a dewalt DW087K laser off ebay its a cracking little tool it takes seconds to set up your levels, but there are situations where the water level cant be beaten.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

just used my water level on a site recently and was getting some strange looks from people, some funny comments as well (have you geordies not heard of lasers) but you cant beat them. Its amazing how many people dont know what they are including experienced site management, a mate of mine used to add some sort of coloured dye to make the water clearly visible. Just bought a dewalt DW087K laser off ebay its a cracking little tool it takes seconds to set up your levels, but there are situations where the water level cant be beaten.

Could not agree more mate, thank you, I use a laser every day but it will never go around corners, or into other rooms.:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Water levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Water levels
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.