• Thread starter plomero
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 66

Discuss water pressure problem, unvented system Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

water pressure problem, unvented system Discussion Thread

I'm trying to sort out a problem with low water pressure at my elderly parent's house where they have an unvented system. I got a plumber in about a month ago who repressurised the system, after which it seemed better. However there still seems to be a problem, which is most noticeable with the shower, which my brother says is alright when you turn it on, but the pressure and temperature gradually go down. We got another plumber in on Friday who said he thought the problem must be with the shower, but I don't see how it could be (it's just a valve isn't it?). And I noticed this morning the cold tap on the basin in the upstairs bathroom was almost down to a trickle, after filling the basin with hot.
My understanding of these systems is that you should get mains pressure on cold throughout, but the weird thing is that the problem seems to be mainly on the cold. The only difference here is that there is a softener, so I don't know if that might be causing a problem? The kitchen cold is still connected directly to the mains and that's fine.
Otherwise, presumably there's a fault on the system somewhere - maybe the pressure reduction valve? Would that affect the pressure on the cold?
I believe these systems require an annual service, so would a service pick up the problem? Also it's been in use for about 20 years, so I don't know if that's well past the expected lifetime?
Thanks

water pressure problem, unvented system for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to water pressure problem, unvented system Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
water pressure problem, unvented system Discussion Thread
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Plumbing Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond