Discuss Waterproof tape in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
That's a great price for that tape, I use the mega tanking kits all the time now , find them excellent !

I think I pay about £22 for for the tape

I actually buy a tanking kit for £43 and I can tank 2-3 showers, includes pair of gloves and brush, but have to buy extra tape as 10m roll generally does 1.5 showers

S

Stef

7kg of weber sys.protect is £32 inclusive from ctd, that's just for the liquid then the tape is £18. The liquid will easily do 6 m2 with 2 coats.

What's the Weber sys like Bri, is it similar to say aquadefence?
I worked out the price that its cost them to tank the floor so far 15m tape + 15kg aqua =£195
If I had used Weber it would have been=£100
Good thing I'm not paying for it..

I

Ian

What's the Weber sys like Bri, is it similar to say aquadefence?
I worked out the price that its cost them to tank the floor so far 15m tape + 15kg aqua =£195
If I had used Weber it would have been=£100
Good thing I'm not paying for it..

I've not used the aqua defence but, if you've used BAL WP1, it's pretty much the same as that. My ideal liquid system would be the weber tape with the Ardex paste. The Ardex kits only come with scrim tape for jointing and that isn't the best IMO.

S

Stef

I've not used the aqua defence but, if you've used BAL WP1, it's pretty much the same as that. My ideal liquid system would be the weber tape with the Ardex paste. The Ardex kits only come with scrim tape for jointing and that isn't the best IMO.

Quite like aquadefence the Bal wp1.
Same principle.
As I stated in another thread I just couldn't get on with the Ardex kit. Maybe need more practice at it.
Aquadefence is so easy to use, I buy fling away brushes from toolstation (£0.37p) & a cheap roller sleeve & job done.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Waterproof tape in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m just about to renovate small bathroom and replace bath with shower. We have very hard...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB