Discuss Wax polish on honed marble? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

My customer bought some Cream Antica honed marble from Lapicida. I've sealed it with Fila polished stone impregnator and its had a good buff up. It looks great except an area near the full height windows when the sun comes in horizontally. The client has asked if they can be waxed to give them a bit of scratch protection and a fuller shine.

This is not something I've done before and there a number of shine/wax products out there. Any suggestions as to which method/product will give the best finish?

Why buy a honed stone and then want a shine .. does my nut in ..

Think the sample on the floor in the showroom had been "maintained" to a bit of a shine. Looks gorgeous where the windows are a normal height or under the downlights but up against the full height ones as seen from the front of the house (18m away) the finish isn't what they were after....

Extras anyway so hey ho

Try cobble wax for a protection sheen, but its not maintenance free.. read the bumf Lithofin MN Cobble Wax used it on those encaustic tile (cement tiles) used in the far east. sounds heavy for marble ??

I looked at it before and it says it gives an antique finish and slightly darker. Not what they want. Apart from that it would be great....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wax polish on honed marble? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Im just about to finish up on the marble floor 600x400 I have been doing. They quality of it is...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
J
Dear Tilers, I'm desperate for some advice from someone who may have made the same mistake I...
Replies
Views
P
My goodness - what a palaver!! So, I've been tiling my own wet-room with TOPPS 60x30 Polished...
Replies
Views
Billy Hunt
B
C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB