Discuss Wedi joints in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JLM Tiling

Hello everybody, hope you're all in the pub by now, wish I was!! Seem to be posting a question for every job I do at the moment!! Anyway query is, currently prepping to tile 400 square trav onto wedi. Taping up the joints at the mo and using the self adhesive waterproof membrane. Now I just went a bit crazy and taped every joint I saw including the walls that have no shower bath or anything. Dry areas basically. Is it okay to do that? Is it even recommended maybe? I know that you can use the 5 inch 'scrim' tape and paint it in with mapeigum or a bit of muck but I don't have any of that here. Is it 100% necessary to tape all joints and what's the science behind it? Also with these tiles would you go for 2mm or larger for the joints? Cheers everyone looking forward to reading any replys

J

JLM Tiling

Thats what I figured!! Don't know how the foreman will see it tomorrow though! Priced for labour only and it's 30 bills for a 20 metre length.

I started with 2 mm joints and with the rectified edge it really looked the mutts, had a lot of problems getting the tiles flush though because the wedi is fixed to old stud work and it's a bit of a mess so obviously havent got a flat wall. Ended up trowelling up with a 12mm and i think every other tile was coming down at first but soon got an idea of what was going on with it and everything was looking good. But the stone isn't that accurate (when is it ever?!) and ended up moving up to 3mm joints pretty quickly just so I could have some room to play with. Finished at half twelve, only got one wall on but tomorrow is another day! By the way I didn't just randomly change joint size half way up, had to move everything about obviously!! Luckily was only two courses up. Knackered, shower, cider, bed!! Cheers for the reassurance Dave!

Reply to Wedi joints in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
I've got 2 bath panels to tile, the frames are built and the tiles bought. The tiles are 300x200...
Replies
Views
D
A
heres some info on Wedi board. theres a web link and technical helpline number too :thumbsup...
Replies
Views
Salvatore
S
P
Hi All, hope you are well and keeping busy, On Monday I am starting a full bathroom refurb with...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
S
Hi all, I am currently renovating my bathroom and will be tiling with 450x300x13 marble tiles...
Replies
Views
S60_alex
S
P
Hi all, First post, but have really appreciated learning from this forum over last few months...
Replies
Views
steveb
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Wedi joints
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.