Discuss Well there's a surprise.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Had the pleasure of fitting some B&Q 60x30 tiles today. Fair do's you may say. They are from the colours range, 5mm thick.

Well the corners were none too clever, they curved down, not all of them though. There were low points in the back of the tiles approx 40mm round and the tile at that point must have been only 3-3.5mm thick.

If there was ever the need to have a solid bed then this was it. So a 10mm notched trowel, back skim and fix was order of the day. Back tomorrow to grout. Showed the customer what I was doing, explained why I was doing it and that this was the correct method of fixing. He was happy and realised the tiles were of an ok quality.

Had to laugh though when I left. I said to him and his wife not to walk on the floor. They said until when? I replied 'Never, just don't walk on the floor'

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Well there's a surprise.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
I fixed some mosaic the other day, long, thin strips in a 300x300 mesh cut in to two, and used...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB