UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Well this is piggin typical in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just the fact that this has been reported in such a way by the media could have a drastic knock-on effect like the old Northern Rock issue. People will be reluctant to book with them until they hear good news, and that means they will struggle to even meet profit targets let alone get more profit to pay of their debt. And it could result in them going bump just because it's been reported in such a way.

Fingers crossed for you Neale that they'll be saved by somebody - I can't see the government chipping in with cash though.

When is your holiday booked for mate? Is it next summer sort of thing?

As it seems as though they've been given a target time to get some cash of only 6 weeks. So I'd assume if they do go belly up that it will be by the end of Jan, meaning you should be able to claim on insurance and book with somebody else all in good time.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah you'll see it fixed or go bump well before then so you'll have loads of options to rebook for the same hotel etc. You might even find somebody buys them out and honours all the bookings. Other than fixed assets and planes they own, the customer bookings are what gives them their value so they'll want to keep them and pass them onto the new owners if that is the route they take.

From what I can fathom, the banks are requesting they pay off their debt and they don't have the money. So you may find the banks just end up owning a share of the company and put in some administrators who can sell off valuable parts of the company and run the other parts more efficiently.

Whatever happens I think you'll find it's all over by end of Jan mate. I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet. Just perhaps make an enquiry with your insurance firm perhaps to make sure you are covered from all angles. I think ABTA would even sort you out even if you were not insured though as I'm sure they back TC.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Well this is piggin typical in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Well this is piggin typical
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.