Discuss were is it going wrong in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

have tilers become hermits do you only work with your self today every other day i have tilers coming in to learn about fitting the new formatts and so many a good tilers but lack so much no how in other fields of tiling when i was leanring i was a total ***** worked with all the diffrent fields stone ceramic mosiac sand and cemnent always moving about from one crew to anther .i show them some small tricks and they always say the same thing i dont realy get the chance to work with other tiler much .so how would you pass on what works for you or learn what might work better for you

W

White Room

Thats a good question, I would probably class myself as a hermit, many years ago old fellas would be happy to reveal their knowledge but that was site work. Many guys who come into the trade now have done extensive courses but probably based on domestic work. If I worked on sites now I would expect to have some criticism about the way I perhaps worked and the amount of m2 output but you will get the high and mightys who know everything.

Just to add, I have done a considerable amount of site work over the years but not on the tiling side of it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to were is it going wrong in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just like I wrote in the introduction I’ve been lurking in this forum for quite some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Go easy on me. I've spent ages sorting these out for the forums. But I do want some feedback so...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB