Discuss Wet and manual cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

S

shongu

Hi there. I only do couple of bathrooms a year, but now I have more and more tiling to do. Mostly it's porcelain or stone. I have a sigma 2d4 for 4 years but like to change it to a more accurate cutter as it plays 2mm sometimes and hard to set it square. Thinking of tx700 or sigma equivalent? Also need a mid range wet cutter with a non chipping blade. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've got a Rubi TR-700s. Great tile cutter and cos it's got a swivel-angle plate you can cut very accurate angles too.
I've got a VITREX Pro 750 wet-cutter with a range of blades....it a bit heavy and noisy but for the money its brill, and very well made! I'd love to get the DEWALT wet-cutter but I don't do that much work to even pay for it atm!!

Are there quieter wet cutters on the market? the descriptions I've seen don't really say how loud they are.

O

Old Mod

When using a wet cutter the main source of noise will come from the actual cutting action of the blade against the material.
Harder the material, louder the noise!
The efficiency of the blade will determine the noise level.
But to answer your question, the better the quality of the motor the quieter they tend to be, only if you keep it in good order tho.

Ooops sorry P4ulo missed your reply! Haha

S

shongu

Yes.I'd like to say Thank you for all for your answers.
I made my mind up and ordered, a Sigma 3c3max. (I was hesitating a bit to get a 3d3 :D).
Regarding to the wet cutter I keep my old rubbish for awahile and get a new porcelaine blade from ATS. I've read good reviews about them on the forum. I will probably sell my 2d4 to raise some money to invest in a good wet cutter later on if I'll need to do more and more bathrooms.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wet and manual cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hello. I’m about to do a patio around a pool outside. I’ve been looking at manual scribe and...
Replies
Views
Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB