Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss wet cutter different quality?? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

T

tile

Hi guys can anyone tell me what the difference will be between wet tile cutters.
I see you go on about rubi cutters so am thinking of 1 around the 250 - 300 mark but what if i went for a cheap d i y cutter from 30 - 100 pounds would it be a major difference in cutting, will it make my job easier to go for a more expensive 1.
thanks, andy.
off to bed now so will read any replies in morning. if any.ta:huh2::huh2::huh2:

G

Gazzer

If you look on Ebay and Screwfix you will see cutters by FERM, i had on a few years ago for about £70 and its still going. The tray leaked but sorted that and the water pump filter got blocked quick but thats sorted too. Not bad for the money but the motor is not strong enough in my opinion. It also has a limited cut length of about 36cm.
I have the Rubi DW250n now....havent tried it yet though.

G

GazTech

The quality of the motor in the cutter is what makes the difference...you don't want a motor to pack up after a yr or so do you.....and the build quality comes into it as well..........cheap cutters are great when you first set out tiling ..but your tools are your livelihood so invest in good ones if you decide to stop in the trade is my advice....
I agree with Dave...a third the price will be a third the life....if you were a skydiver....parachute for £100 or £500 ?........Gaz

D

DHTiling

This is my day to day wet cutter...these are the dog danglies of cutters..had one for yrs and it has never let me down.....removable rip guide as well for plunge cuts....

Rubi Diamant D-200 Wet Tile Saw

Technical Information
  • Cutting Length: Unlimited
  • Depth of cut: 35 mm (1,3")
  • Maximum width for miter cuts: 42 cm (16")
  • 0,88 kW (1,2 hp) single-phase motor. Available in 120V / 50Hz, 230 V/ 50 Hz for the UK or 230 V / 50 Hz
  • RPM: 2875
  • Blade capacity: 200 mm (8")
  • Tile Saw Dimensions: 47 cm x 47 cm x 26 cm (18" x 18" x 10")
  • Weight: 16 kg (35.3 lb)
General Information
  • 100% Rustproof wet saw. Table, internal structure, and chassis made entirely of stainless steel
  • Cuts gres, ceramic, glass, tiles, marble, and other materials
  • 200 mm (8") blade, rip guide, and thermic security switch included
  • Tip-up Table for mitering up to 42 cm (16") tile
d-200-4.JPG
d-200-5.JPG
d-200-6.JPG

not cheap though at around £580..but will last for yrs and yrs.....:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to wet cutter different quality?? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out. but only cost...
Replies
Views
I searched but did not find an answer. I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
wet cutter different quality??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%