Discuss Wet floor former in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kuly

Hi,
Long time since I have done any DIY and tiling. 15 years I would say. Better half getting annoyed and the shower broke in so......
After having removed my old bathroom out and lifted the chip board flooring and cleaned all the glue from joists I am thinking of installing a wet room! Have ordered the 25mm ply for the new floor and now just thinking of the floor former.

I am looking at either the AKW Tuff or the Impey Easy Fit with the Dural WP membrane for tanking.

I have a few questions if anyone could please help:
1) Which is better, the Impey or AKW?
2) How do I level the floor former with the floor as the formers are 22mm and the floor is 25mm?
3) Is Impey water guard better than the Dural?
4) I have paramount plaster board against one wall of the shower, do I have to take into account the weight of the tanking before choosing tiles? Will he impey be lighter than the dural and be better for me in this case?
5) Any better wet room options available for a DIY'er

Bearing in mind this is upstairs I am planning on tanking all around the bathroom just to be safe. Any advice on what to do where I have to screw the pan and bath to the floor? Do I have to screw the bath to the floor if I have wall anchors?

Many thanks in advance.
Kuly

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wet floor former in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a walk in shower room ... Sort of a wet room but not quite. I used a kerdi style wet...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB