Discuss Wet room advice needed. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Mods feel free to move if im in the wrong place.

Hey folks for a few years I've used this forum for invaluable pointers and information on all sorts of tiling related topics. Like a lot of people out there I'm grateful of the knowledge shared by so many of you.

I was recently asked to go and quote for my mates brother who wants his ensuite changed into a wet room.

Couple of pics of the scene I walked in to:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The rest of the room is fairly normal, piped underfloor heating, and the biggest bath I've ever seen!!

I'm doing the tiling. Any repairs and floor preparation for the former will be completed by other trades.
My question is should I overboard the piping with hardiboard or use a SLC over the whole floor to where it'll meet the former?

Thanks for any info you can put my way

Scott.

O

Old Mod

@Beemer23 - you heard any more about this job mate?

Perhaps go in once it's ready for tiling and see the quality of the work.

I'd SLC the heating as you say. Pretty sure it can be used over water UFH piping but might be worth checking.

That seems to be a bit of a grey area Dan, Polypipe say no, must be boarded first.
Johnny started a thread about it recently.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wet room advice needed. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First time poster and tiler here. Hoping to get a bit of advice on tiling a wet room...
Replies
Views
Hello! I’m hoping I can get some advice on what to do in my kitchen RE wanting to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I had an en-suite tiled in July 2017, we noticed a leak in the hallway in December...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB