Discuss Wet room floor/screed to falls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

heres a couple of vids to show how to form the falls in a floor screed or wetroom floor
the guy is using dots and timber battens to rule off, i just use dots but its a good demo
hes just using sand for the demo...

hope it helps a bit with this kind of issue :thumbsup:

[video=youtube;TKryt4QGmMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKryt4QGmMM[/video]

[video=youtube;oq4h6LGyDQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq4h6LGyDQ8[/video]

[video=youtube;rdIp5roGeKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIp5roGeKo[/video]

ed :thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

I like some of the methods with the float strips.....the one thing that is an issue is around the drain (again, maybe this is just for training), but he's riding the straightedge off of the drain, when the surface of the mud should be below the drain. Or, are there different drains in the UK than what we have here? Maybe that is the lower part of the drain and there is a grid that snaps on the top and raises the level?

Also, did he say in there that only ~4/5 mm of fall is need in that shower? I'm doing my metric bit with the calculator and see that's less than a quarter of an inch? (!)

R

Rob Z

Phil, the guy that taught me how to float mud referred to doing wall floats this way "It's interesting to put a sidewalk on the wall".:smilewinkgrin:

I still can remember well the first time I did a shower in all mud. I got done for the day and stood back and looked at that thing for what must have been 30 minutes. I remember thinking "man, I really did that!"

This sounds goofy, but one of the most rewarding things about doing mud work is when the plumber or carpenter tells you "Man, I set that (tpilet/vanity) with no shims...the floor was really flat and level!" :thumbsup:

Reply to Wet room floor/screed to falls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Just looked at a conservatory tiling job. Wet UFH system, set into sand and cement...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Wet room floor/screed to falls
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.