UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Wet Room tanking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd use the WP1 mate. Tanking comes in a few form and can be a good guaranteed way to stop water penetrating the substrate, but not behind the tiles. Water will always get here, that's why we use adhesives and grouts that don't get damaged by water (but they will mostly allow it to pass through it),

If you tank the background to a few inches above the highest water source you are normally ok. The main part is to ensure you create a 100% seal to the bath or shower tray, that's where most lack.

There's also a thread HERE about it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wet Room tanking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
S
I recently had a downstairs bedroom extension with en-suite built for my elderly parents as they...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.