Discuss Wet wall in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Got a bathroom to fit in September with wet wall around the bath and in the shower area. I think it looks like a pizza shop kitchen.
There's no accounting for taste. I asked what tiles were going on the floor, she said "carpet"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 38
C

charlie1

here you go you can use real tiles in stead and leave the plastic in the bin with the other rubbish View attachment 59222 View attachment 59223 View attachment 59223 View attachment 59224 View attachment 59224

Ray, you have been tiling a hell-uv-a lot longer than me and seen the trends in tiling and bathroom coverings, how do you see this wet wall panning out? Tbh, it's sad but I think it's here to stay in limited areas but I'm hoping it can be got rid off completely

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Ray, you have been tiling a hell-uv-a lot longer than me and seen the trends in tiling and bathroom coverings, how do you see this wet wall panning out? Tbh, it's sad but I think it's here to stay in limited areas but I'm hoping it can be got rid off completely
well you are right its been about for years over priced on cost and fixing but old people loved it now you have a better prouduct easyer to fix cheaper to buy a real tile that looks like a tile and the grey foxes whant more than plastic they want style and look over plastic pannels any day .before they never had a choice today they do and the grey foxes chose large format tiles all day long

T

Time's Ran Out

We've used it a couple of times in the last few years and to be honest I think it's great!
Especially in the context of an overall design mixed with tiles and panelled ceilings the look can be very contemporary.
Only ever used it in shower areas in the dark slate colour range complimented with grey/black tiles and the rooms looked stunning.
As for the longevity of the product, well we are in a fashion industry and if a bathroom lasts 8 years then that's good for us !

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wet wall in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a keen DIYer and have chosen an Impey Aqua Dec 4 and waterguard tanking kit. The Aqua...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB