Discuss Wetdecs & Tuff2 trays in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

OnlyMe

Hi,
Almost three months ago, I went to look at a new wetroom for a customer.
Customer said he wanted me to do it, and 'soon, next 2/3 weeks' due to wifes medical problems. So I emailed him some ideas, options & prices (the tuff2 tray, screen & tanking priced from wetdecs).
I think I first read about the tuff2 trays on here while looking for something strong enough for the customer, and possibly a wheelchair and/or carer in the future.
Anyway, heard nothing back from him. Thought, oh well. Its the first full wetroom (or bathroom) I've done for over two years after illness, so the time spent prepping quote was good practice getting back into it.
Then out of the blue on Friday I got a voice message apologizing for not being in touch for cough a couple of weeks cough and when can I start!
Sooo, while checking through all the quote stuff tonight for any price increases on anything that may have occurred in the last couple of cough weeks, before seeing the customer tomorrow, I tried to check wetdecs and the websites gone!??
Anybody any ideas why?
And any quick last-minute tried & tested recommendations for a replacement would be appreciated too!!

S

sdc395

I was all set to order a Tuff2 former last night only to discover the Tuff2 and Wetdecs websites are "suspended". Does anyone know of alternative Tuff2 retailers or a suitable Tuff2 alternative?

This is starting to feel like a conspiracy; I was originally planning to use a Marmox Showerstone former only to have Marmox discontinue it as I was about to order one. I see they've relaunched the Showerstone with a GRP-based construction like the Tuff2. I'd order one of those but can't find a retailer with stock.

So, what are the best Tuff2 alternatives? I'd be laying the former direct to joists with electric UFH and tiles on top. Looking for something 1400 by 900 mm.

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wetdecs & Tuff2 trays in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB