Discuss Wetray build up in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Good Evening.

Soon tiling a double wedi wet tray where the main floor tilers are 20mm thick plus adhesive.

The mosaics are 8mm thick so need to build up the tray by quite a bit.

I could use 2 rows of cheap mosaic or cut the falls in Wedi board and adhesive down.

Any thoughts on the best way?

In theory the wedi should be screwed down with washers in the wet area.

Would have been better if the plumber had have raised the trays for floor height but all was done way before i got on board.

Cheers.

Kevin

K

kaharrison9

It is the Wedi Fundo Riofino and if i build from the middle of the tray the bed depth would be to high for the cover but i think i may be able to adapt the way it extends.

I would prefer to mosaic it a couple of times and then screed the edges for a smooth transition this way i should keep the falls.

Unsure if there are any pit falls if i use wedi board to build up like not been screwed down.

As you say maybe a curb

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wetray build up in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello guys ! My Q here is where is the tile adhesive !!!!!! Or Tile adhesive without the...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB