Discuss Wetroom base. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Have this job to do in a new build house, concrete floor & I need to put in a preformed shower tray but the waste is on the opposite wall & can't be moved,
This is looking from the door,
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416952076.492754.jpg

Shower head coming from right hand wall,
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416952112.429510.jpg

Drain is on the left hand side,
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416952138.466295.jpg

They aren't worried about a step up onto the shower base (will be tiled)
Anyone any ideas about a drain?
I was thinking about a 40+mm Marmox board & running a waste along the back wall.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Can't believe they have piped up for shower mixer without thinking about the tray?

by the time you've ran a waste and boxed it in and tiled a boxing and an upstand on the tray. You could have hired a decent breaker and chopped out the floor and run in the waste. If there is a toilet going to go into that drain there will be no room to join in the waste if you box it in, so get digging Stef !

S

Stef

Can't believe they have piped up for shower mixer without thinking about the tray?

by the time you've ran a waste and boxed it in and tiled a boxing and an upstand on the tray. You could have hired a decent breaker and chopped out the floor and run in the waste. If there is a toilet going to go into that drain there will be no room to join in the waste if you box it in, so get digging Stef !

I've already told them Paul that it needs dug out & a channel put in. Think they asked me incase I had another option.
The floors not getting tiled in front of the shower, this is going to be polished concrete.
They haven't thought about how cold it's going to be as there's no ufh in the screed.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wetroom base. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB