Discuss Wetroom floor with 600x300 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Has anyone tiled before, or even better have examples of a wet tray tiled with the above format.
Ive just finished setting the wet area tiles today. Although its come out well im not sure about the way different lines dart all over the place.
I set the room out rather than focusing on making the tray all symetrical. Its a cream tile and will be grouted in jasmine so the joints will be fairly well "seamless?"

I

Ian

This is before grout, I have a finished pic somewhere, I'll have to hunt it down.
u2a3etan.jpg

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Here's another one, this is from my London job. The architect/interior designer insisted on everything being centred in this room, even though the wet tray had an offset drain (caused by joist positioning). Look at those silly cuts around the drain!!!!
a2yde2uh.jpg

I hate it when architects, or customers for that matter, dictate the setting out! You do your job, I'll do mine!!!

I

Ian

I hate it when architects, or customers for that matter, dictate the setting out! You do your job, I'll do mine!!!

Does my head in too mate! What made me laugh the most was they had detailed drawings of where they wanted every tile placing but couldn't manage to order the correct amount! I had a quite heated discussion with her when she said I'd obviously wasted tiles, I replied by saying that on HER drawing there were 105 tiles and you've ordered 90! Some tiles were 40% waste due to centring, this hadn't been taken into account when ordering! This is what happens when people interfere with our job.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
This is a linear drain with 600x300 tiles I've just finished.
This was made easy for tiling because I used a 1200x1200 tray
View attachment 58046 View attachment 58047

I've not done a linear drain yet, but I do like the look.. How do they compare, price wise, to your average former? Just curious, but what's the reason for the cut-back plinth on the bath? LED's?

Nice job by the way... ;)

I've not done a linear drain yet, but I do like the look.. How do they compare, price wise, to your average former? Just curious, but what's the reason for the cut-back plinth on the bath? LED's?

Nice job by the way... ;)

Thanks Beans and well spotted with cut-back plinth, if you look at the pic you can see a wire for the strip lighting.

Reply to Wetroom floor with 600x300 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB