Discuss Wetroom Floor with Decoupling for UFH in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

SteveyJ

Can I ask a quick question. If I was to fit a Wedi or Marmox shower tray and the rest of the room laid in their board, where would you fit the de-coupling membrane? Would you need it? I use Durabase CI for floors normally, so am I right in saytiong it would be Marmox floor, UFH, SLC, Durabase, Tiles, or Marmox, Durabase, UFH, SLC. I think Durabase can go above or below heating cable but just wondered what is the right way, how others do it, and if it definitely required.
Cheers Steve

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add, this would be fitted to a timber floor base

O

One Day

Thanks, always helps to save a bit of money. Would you just use the dural when tiling Trav or Marble then when already laid a Marmox board?

That depends on the type and quality of the trav or marble!
Personal choice but I don't use Dural, I stick with Ditra (confidence issues).
Remember, on a timber floor lateral movement is never going to be as big a potential threat as deflection.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wetroom Floor with Decoupling for UFH in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB