Discuss Wetroom Mosaic Floor Problem in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

StephenR

I have a Marmox showerlay former and Marmox over the rest of the floor in a wetroom. Used this system many times successfully. The rest of the floor is 600x300mm porcellain and the shower area mosaic. The mosaic should have been the same thickness as the rest but isn't. It is also heavily recessed in the rear as can be seen in the pics. I've raised the outer levels of the former with staggered layers of fabric like Schluter Kerdi to maintain the former shape to have a flat surface for the mosaic.

My problem is laying the mosaic as it doesn't have a flat rear surface. To fill the voids requires either a thick bed which causes oozing of addy up between the joins or back buttering which causes like wise.

I've tried the latter method and it was a mess (predictably). I'm hoping someone here has had similar experience and can provide some insight that will help me lay these things.

Many thanks,

Stephen

IMG_20151111_192133056[1].jpg
IMG_20151111_192206985[1].jpg

B

bcd-87

I have a Marmox showerlay former and Marmox over the rest of the floor in a wetroom. Used this system many times successfully. The rest of the floor is 600x300mm porcellain and the shower area mosaic. The mosaic should have been the same thickness as the rest but isn't. It is also heavily recessed in the rear as can be seen in the pics. I've raised the outer levels of the former with staggered layers of fabric like Schluter Kerdi to maintain the former shape to have a flat surface for the mosaic.

My problem is laying the mosaic as it doesn't have a flat rear surface. To fill the voids requires either a thick bed which causes oozing of addy up between the joins or back buttering which causes like wise.

I've tried the latter method and it was a mess (predictably). I'm hoping someone here has had similar experience and can provide some insight that will help me lay these things.

Many thanks,
Stephen

Hi Stephen

BAL PTB is a great product it might help with the excess addy

View attachment 78154 View attachment 78155

S

Simon benn Leeds

Easyfix Mosaic Mesh

I use these a lot now for mosaic, if time allows run a thin bed of cement based addy after you have fixed the backer sheet, this will allow mosaics to be more ridged and will let you bed them up without addy coming through.

Failing that Fix as normal wash joints out as much as you can, go round once dry with an oscillating tool.

Or as Sharon @MissTiler said. Tricky but a good way.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wetroom Mosaic Floor Problem in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
HI There, im about to layout Jackoboard panels and wetroom shower tray on my bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
First off, thank you to everyone that posts on this forum, although this is only my second post...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB