UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss wetroom on a concrete floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davebates

hi guys just had a customer ring me about wanting a wetroom in a bungalow in the current bathroom. The base is concrete so no drain is fitted. I know this is currently beyond me im sure i could tank and tile it but as ripping up the base and having a go at fitting the drain im just not even going there. So the question is would you turn down the job or would you go about getting a builder in on the act to sort the base and drain and then complete the needed works after ??????? dilemma am i right in thinking that a channel needs to be cut out the floor from the drain to the wall and then the waste pipes run outside to drain i just dont know ???

D

davebates

yeah that's what im thinking i don't know anyone but looking into it its fairly straightforward i met with the customer after posting this thread and there happy to adopt this principle of getting a builder in to do the floor and drain work and for me to tank and tile I just told them straight that i wasn't comfortable with doing the drain and I wasn't the type of person who would just have a go and I think they appreciated the honesty now i need to start looking into tanking systems any suggestions ???

many thanks for replying !!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to wetroom on a concrete floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.