Discuss Wetroom wall and floor tiling, hornchurch essex in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DavidJewiss

Hi I am looking for a tiler to complete the tiling in my wetroom for me, I have seen some tiles in tile giant that I like but am unsure whether the size would be suitable for the marmox showerlay former etc and could do with a bit of advice too.

the tiles are called 'buxy anthracite' and are 600x400, I would be looking to use the same tile on the floor and wall with a dark grout to suit, something like bal micro flex smoke.

the room sizes are below, measurements are approximate

Total area is 22m2 (without subtracting door and window openings)
the floor is 2.1x1.5m
floor to ceiling height 2.6m
two walls are 2.1m wide (one with 1mx1m window opening)
two walls are 1.5m wide (one with door opening)

there is is a box section built out for the toilet and glass shelving on the furthest wall (250 depthx650 width) and there is a box section built out for the sink (600 width x350 depth) on the opposite wall with an access hatch being the back of the shelf area

I have followed guides meticulously, the shower former has been trimmed to 1750x855, the floor has been battened with 18mm wbp plywood, the remainder of the floor has extra noggins between joists every 300mm and 18mm wbp ply on top all screwed at 150mm centres. The walls were taken back to brick and have had marmox boards fixed to them with bal flex rapidset and marmox fixing dowels.

the joints will be tanked with granfix tanking kit and warmup loose cable floor will be fitted. I'm hoping to be in a position to start tiling by the 16th December, I have tried to attach some photos of the room but can't work out how to, I can email them if you need them. If you would like to quote or have any advice for me on tile selection etc then please contact me on 07742613942

The bungalow is currently unoccupied so the tiler can work times that suit them too

Thanks dave

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wetroom wall and floor tiling, hornchurch essex in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB