Discuss Wetroom Wall - Large Format Tile on WPB plywood in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

lalit

Hi Everyone,

I am making wetroom. In the shower area I have 1mt X 1mt area which has 25mm WPB plywood primed with Bal Bond SBR. The rest of the wall and other walls are covered with 20mm Marmox board levelled to the plywood.

I am thinking of using Mapei Shower Waterproofing Kit.
The tile sizes are 350mm x 1000mm Wall tiles and 350mmX350mm floor tiles.

I am concerned about Tiling over the plywood on the wall and confused about adhesive.

What adhesive I need for this?
I have looked at Kerquick Rapidset flexible C2FT S1 adhesive will this be any good?
How thick the adhesive bed should be for the Wall and Floor tiles?

Could some point me to the right direction please?

Best Regards

Thank you

I

Ian

How come there is one section of plywood amongst the marmox? Can this not be replaced? Two different substrates in a shower area where there will be a lot of expansion/contraction, wouldn't sit very well with me, if if really isn't an option to replace use a membrane to tank the area, such as the homelux product, here's a link http://www.homelux.co.uk/downloads/Waterproof Matting_Leaflet.pdf

L

lalit

Thanks Bri for the reply.

Originally this part of shower wall was going to be boxed & covered with Marmox but due to unavoidable drain position I had to change the plan which left the ply exposed. Removing ply is not an option as it strengthens the wall for geberit wc frame.

Will Homelux be able to take the weight of Large tiles and what adhesive I will need to fix it to the Plywood?

Do I need to cover all the shower Walls with Homelux or Just the wall with ply?

I was also thinking of covering the ply & rest of the marmox wall with 4mm Marmox which I will fix with adhesive, screws & washers to the ply. This will give me all the shower walls with same substrate.

Do you think it is good iead and will it work?

Best Regards

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wetroom Wall - Large Format Tile on WPB plywood in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a homeowner living in the Metro Vancouver area in British Columbia. I am currently...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Firstly, hello to everyone 👍 I am looking to start some floor tiling of some...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB