Discuss wetroom waterproofing your experience required in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pippa

hi newbie here so firstly i would just like to say hello and thanks for any advice really helpfull forum
i have built a wetroom 1.5mx2.5m glass screen is to be fitted approx 1.2m from wall (shower area 1.2mx1.5m) concrete floor sloping screed to central (in shower area ) floor drain .I propose to use tilesafe on the floor i know a few people dont like it but as far as i am aware its the only one with a lifetime warranty and riw do make excellent products.should i cover the whole floor with tilesafe or allowing for an overspill area just the shower area?
i have constructed the walls with knaff aquapanel all the way round i propose to use a fleece i am aware of dura-wp,homelux and wickes actually sell one which on another site somebody suggested looks like dura-wp make it question which one would you guys use? (nb i am going to seal the joints on the aqua panel using a cement based flexible adhesive, which adhesive should i use ? ) problem i have information overload . i have found conflicting information by reading various forums ie no need for fleece with aqua panel etc etc .as this is my own house time is not important i just dont want to have to return in a few years sorting out leaks i want to do as good a job as i can so thats where i need your experience am i doing it right probably over the top your advice please thanks again (nb no underfloor heating )

W

White Room

You can seal the aqua joints with a plasterers scrim and use a single part flexible adhesive to wipe over the tape, don't leave it to proud though..

Cement board does the job but is'nt waterproof, it just won't get damaged with water ingress..if 1 person is using the shower then the tanking may not be needed but if the whole family are using it 5 times a day then a tanking would be advised.

The tile safe could be laid a metre from the shower area if was a wet room, with an enclosed shower, perhaps from the door to the shower is.

Reply to wetroom waterproofing your experience required in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
wetroom waterproofing your experience required
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.