UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss what a bloody week ive had.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
it all started last friday when i noticed my eyes weren't quite right, i was finding it hard to focus on things, when i woke up in the morning i was getting that early morning, cant focus feeling but it was lasting all day, i thought i had an eye infection and it would go in a couple of days, then yesterday things got really bad, and i couldn't see out my left eye, everthing was just a blurr, my wife rang the docs and managed to get an appoinment late afternoon.

the doc did an eye test and with the right eye i could read most of the letters apart from the last two lines, then she said try the left eye and i couldnt even see the board, or her standing next to it!!!!!

she then told me to go stright to the hospital, where i had another examination and was told this could be serious, and i needed to go to cheltenham hospital to see the on call eye surgen, at this point all kinds of thinks are going through my head..

when i got there the eye doc called me in to have a look at my eyes, she then said you have a fully formed cataract in your left eye, 'what the bloody hells that' i ask, then she explained its a milky substance that covers the eye and stops you seeing, common in older people,as it takes 60/70 years to get progesively bad that it needs to be removed.

great im only 46, never wore glasses, allways where eye protection at work and i have a cataract that became fully formed in 7 days, the doc said she had only read about this happening in text books and had never seen it in real life, apparently it can happen but its extremely rare.

good news is it can be treated and i have to have an opperation on my eye to remave it in the next couple of weeks, and my eye will be good as new...

i am extremely relieved, as all sorts of things were going through my head, but one things for sure you can NEVER take your health for granted..:thumbsup:

W

White Room

Had my first one operated on at 45 but it took a fair while to show up, not over 7 days though...it's the needle going into the eye tends to put up the blood pressure when being operated on
MSN-Emoticon-nurse-020.gif

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
be glad to get this sorted and done with, got to go to hospital again tomorrow to get a scan done on the back of my eye, as its so bad they cant see through the eye, then book me in for the surgery.......not looking forward to it but need to get it sorted..

they do the surgery when your still awake, just a local anastectic to deaden the area..:yikes:

T

The D

be glad to get this sorted and done with, got to go to hospital again tomorrow to get a scan done on the back of my eye, as its so bad they cant see through the eye, then book me in for the surgery.......not looking forward to it but need to get it sorted..

they do the surgery when your still awake, just a local anastectic to deaden the area..
:yikes::yikes::yikes: NO NO NO :yikes::yikes::yikes:

D

DHTiling

Good luck Andy.. it will be fine , cataract removal is very common nowadays.. :thumbsup:

The wife has slow progressing cataracts on both eyes due to her Crohns disease , so she will need hers done in a few years time ..

The eye scan is nothing to worry about or painful.. the wife has just had 2 done in recent months and she lost site in her right eye like you but her result wasn't as lucky as yours mate.. her scan results were M.S...

I too have not heard of Cataracts forming so quickly but at least the eye docs are very clever these days.. best of luck mate..

D

Deleted member 9966

blimey Andy, but at least you realised there was something wrong so quickly and got it sorted. so many old people don't realise that it's something that can be operated on successfully. my Grandmother thought that her sight deteriorating was a natural thing due to old age. She ended up having cataracts operations on both eyes. good luck for the operation.

stay fit and healthy guys.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what a bloody week ive had.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.