UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What a diverse week it has been in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

What a diverse week it has been, but its great.
Monday started with laying an under floor heating cable then tiling with Marble in a bathroom.

Tuesday was pretty standard bathroom which turned out nicer than expected.

Wednesday back to Marble floor job and tile walls in 6" white with a Metro black tile as a skirting with a border on top of that. just over 5 tiles up and then another border topped off with a black rope listello. Framing in a mirror on the way, moving a shaver socket so it rested dead centre of a tile. Moving a wall light cable for the same reason. The client wanted an Art Deco style bathroom and returning today on the way home we had to drop in. Most of the fittings were up and it looked nice, not my thing but client is very pleased.

Thursday was a bit of a disaster when a wall in a bathroom was found to be not flat, we were using 600x300 glazed porcelains ( Marble lookalikey) So did what we could and await a call to say its been sorted.

Friday a small but very pleasing Quartzite floor. 600 x 400 and 400 x 400 laid free bond. Very heavy and different thicknesses but looked the mutts when finished.

Saturday is a small WC floor, splashback and 2 cills for a Mapei worker.

Next week a 50 m2 Limestone floor in Opus Romano :drool5:

How the hell anyone can be in the same office, doing the same thing day after day beats me. I reckon we have it made, different places, different clients, different materials etc......Gotta love this job :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What a diverse week it has been in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.