Discuss What adhesive and grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gixer11

Hi guys, thanks again for all your help yesterday. Need your advice on what adhesive & grout would be best to use now. Its for our ensuite shower room, the tiles are 450x300x10mm ceramics the vast majority of them are going onto bare plaster board, with the rest going onto a newly plastered block wall. Ive just bought a BAL waterproofing kit for the shower area, would you recomend i go with waterproof adhesive and grout throughout the room or just the shower? either way wich do u recomend? Thanks :thumbsup:

G

gixer11

Your adhesive needs to be a powdered cement based one, flexible also. Don't be tempted by a ready mixed adhesive, its not the best choice and your tiles are too big anyway. As for grout, again stick to the powdered stuff, don't be tempted by ready mixed.

Thanks for the advice guys, i was thinking of using BAL for both but not sure wich one, also do you think i need to seal all the substrate prior to tiling? Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Reply to What adhesive and grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm about to lay some antique 6"x6"x 0.5" ceramic tiles, all clean and dry, onto...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
What adhesive and grout?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.