Discuss What adhesive do i need Help!!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I've never used wp1 but am familiar with it. When you say tank onto the tray, do you mean with the tape and membrane or will silicone between the tray and wall be enough?

What I do is....push tile up against the wall sitting on the tray and pencil mark a line on the tray against the tile, I use a low tack masking tape and put it up against the pencil line or just covering I made on the tray. Paint some wp1 around where the tray meets the wall and over the masking tape, fix some tape (which Bal supply with there kit) and fold onto the wall and tray, then brush another coat onto that and make sure it's pushed tight against the wall and tray, leave to dry. When your've tiled down onto the tray and adhesive has set take a very sharp knife and cut using the tile edge/face to guide you onto the tray...don't slip at this stage with the knife otherwise damage to the tray could happen....that then tanks it onto the tray.
Any questions please ask.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
What I do is....push tile up against the wall sitting on the tray and pencil mark a line on the tray against the tile, I use a low tack masking tape and put it up against the pencil line or just covering I made on the tray. Paint some wp1 around where the tray meets the wall and over the masking tape, fix some tape (which Bal supply with there kit) and fold onto the wall and tray, then brush another coat onto that and make sure it's pushed tight against the wall and tray, leave to dry. When your've tiled down onto the tray and adhesive has set take a very sharp knife and cut using the tile edge/face to guide you onto the tray...don't slip at this stage with the knife otherwise damage to the tray could happen....that then tanks it onto the tray.
Any questions please ask.
That's bang on mate. I do the same but without the tape.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What adhesive do i need Help!!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB