Discuss What adhesive on orbry boards please? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dollyponduk

My husband is a novice tiling diyer having tiled one kitchen floor in the past. He has taken on knocking a bathroom and toilet together as one room he has levelled the floor with self levelling compound and it is now nearly flat but not quite. He has covered the walls which he took back to brick with orbry boards held on with tile cement and 15 spanker dowels per board.
My questions are:
What would you recommend he use adhesive wise to hold on ceramic 30 x 45 tiles to the orbry boards whose dowls are of course slightly proud
and
The floor tiles are Porcelanosa g61 marmol crema marfil 43.5 x 43.5 (not sure whether they are ceramic or porcelain offhand). He has laid them out and cut to size but the concrete floor is still slightly wonky in 2 areas. He has already used 6 bags self levelling compound. Should he apply another bag to these areas and which adhesive would you suggest he uses to apply them please?
Thank you so much in advance!
Angela

D

dollyponduk

latest 001.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What adhesive on orbry boards please? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB