Discuss What are you thoughts ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

years ago i would have said the tile industry was lead by the tradesmen, tiler's plasterers/brickes , now i think the suppliers have come-into & now dominate the tiling Trade/industry completely ,there were established fixing methods (part of the trade ) the suppliers said you are doing it wrong ,you should use our products !, so for various reasons we changed ,so they had us from then on,we do and dance to there tune now, think about it the cheapest part of a job these days is the labour just a thought here. :thumbsup:
what do you guys think ?.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I think that suppliers try to respond to the needs of the tradesmen. Yes there is a tendency for suppliers to "invent a need" but really if the trades did not want change then it would not happen. I think there are probably too many suppliers chasing the same work as there is not enough work to go round and that can lead to pretty aggressive marketing. At pain of sounding insulting and patronising I also think that there are too many tradespeople without the necessary intellect, experience or expertise to resist that sort of marketing so the tail can start wagging the dog.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What are you thoughts ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, We got our newbuild hallway and kitchen tiled last year, overall we are happy with the job...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB