Discuss What bands/artists have you met? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
I actually painted these walls and repolished floor :hurray:
[video]http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ken+howard+painting+studio&hl=en&sa=X&tbo =d&tbm=isch&tbnid=fdKZSfZMFjgF7M:&imgrefurl=http://www.theroi.co.uk/artist_ken_howard.php&docid=ToHx6mfSy7ISCM&imgurl= http://www.theroi.co.uk/images/pain...p;iact=hc&vpx=233&vpy=93&dur=4942 &hovh=204&hovw=248&tx=142&ty=152&sig=1062094858 521 87221796&page=1&tbnh=149&tbnw=173&start=0&ndsp=12& ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:90&biw=911&bih=449[/video]

O

On one

Following on from Diamond Pool being a bouncer for ELO, what bands or Artists have you met?

I've me Korn, Deftones, John Bon Jovi (Only him. Really wanted to meet Richie) Coheed & Cambria, Machine Head, Max Cavelera from Sepultura, Dez & Rayna from Coal Chamber. Dave Mustane from Megadeth. I'm sure there's more but can't remember right now lol
Jon Bon Jovi, the wife will be mega jell!, going to see them next year for the umpteenth time.

J

jonnyc

tiled kate bush,robert smith (cure)
ade edmondson and jennifer saunders ( he did sort of sing didnt he ?)
brian drummer from bad manners used to labour for me for a bit but wisely went back to what hes best at.
not to do with tiling ian dury came round our flat in sydney when on tour .
nick gatfield an old friend slept on floor of our flat in munich with other dexy band members after a big night out after thier gig. hes now ceo and chairman of sony music so has done somewhat better that i have !!

B

bugs183

In the late 80's i trained to work in recording studios, and somehow landed a job at Sarm West studios (Trevor Horns), which i lasted for 8 months, couldn't stand living in London,then went back working for Dad.
I met too many to name, but it's odd when you're 19 just come down to London for your first real job and next day your chatting to George Michael, The Pet Shop Boys, Rod Stewart, Dusty Springfield, and Malcolm McClaren.

My mates would come down to see me and i'd get them to pop to the studio, their faces were a picture.
Robert Plant from Led Zep is a Kidderminster local so he pops up everywhere, really nice fella.

D

Dougs Third Go

Claire Grogan (Altered Images), Geordie and Jaz (Killing Joke) Charlie Harper and Nicky Garrat (UK Subs), shook hands with David Bowie, Bono, (New Years Eve Tour), Captain Sensible (The Damned), Andrew Eldritch (Sisters of Mercy) Buster Bloodvessel (Bad Manners).....the big one that I missed though was Gary Numan and Nine Inch Nails, my mate had lent a polymoog to Numan when he supported NIN and had backstage passes to meet them all, asked if I wanted to go but I was away on holiday in Spain:incazzato:

D

Dougs Third Go

he let me know all about it via facebook

316_25906293585_8059_n.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What bands/artists have you met? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB