Discuss What brought you to Tilers forums.co.uk in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Yes, the giggle factor, quite right :), big part.

I came here when I was looking for a tiling course to make sure my mosaics will last, and found NETT, bonus!. Snooped about as a guest first and then signed up, and to be honest, I was struck, and still am really impressed, with Dave's obvious dedication and consistency of reply, and the relief people seemed to feel when he was there to help. And Dave's work was obviously good, so I put his own work and the time he spent on here together and thought, this guy would not be happy with wasting his time, so there must be something to this place. Then I got to know the other experienced people on here, the trusted advisors especially, and my respect for everyone's dedication to tiling as a passion and in turn for the forum, grew.

Also through the forum I got to know about different networking avenues, got help re my website from Dan, some friends on here even turned into customers and some of the people on here I do consider real friends now, some of whom I have met in person, with others it's just a matter of time. I have made unexpected friendships and got help in so many ways. I have learned so much, there are so many mosaic artists internationally I am in touch with who turn out beautiful artistic work that doesn't last for their lack of technical knowledge, it's such a shame and it's so good to be educated and to keep learning. Also the mods to a brilliant job, not allowing swearing, back stabbing and the usual negetive tittle tattle associated with forums. Everyone in charge here should be proud, I am just grateful :) And it's mostly great fun.

S

Stewart

I signed up one day because I was bored googling my own name and doing paper work. Having never used a forum before, I thought I would in and out in one day and never use it again. I thought it would be full of idiots that just want to argue and profess there own greatness.

Well I guess I struck lucky because after one day I was completely hooked and very impressed. This forum is full of top peeps who genuinely want to help and are quite happy to give lots of their own time after a hard days work.

After 9 months, I still hang around because this place is now part of my working day. This forum is full of pro's at the top of their game diy'ers and tilers striving to get to top. You can get involved or just hang around and have a laugh. Apart from the odd idiot and some dodgy tunes, you can't fault this place and it should be part of any tilers working life that wants to stay on top of their game.

W

White Room

Really can't remember how I got here, probably doing the search thing and decided to join and was the first time I'd ever been on a forum..would'nt even want to know how many hours I've spent on here.

Learnt some great advise off here and being kept upto date on new products and contributed in my own little way though..

I've had some great laughs and some of the more serious posts to read, which even now can still be an eye opener and may it continue.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I think some tiler bod, in a tile shop one day told me about a great tile forum.As I am still pretty new to the interweb, I think I Googled the wrong forum, the one that says Bal is good, Bal is great, etc. I did eventually come across this site.

I was impressed from day one, to find so many kindred spirits, people who are passionate about their trade, I thought I was the only one.

Since then I have made some good Friends, on here and better still met a lot of members in person. I will always be grateful to Dan, Dave, and all the mods and members, that make this forum the fantastic place it is. I still have some people I would love to meet on here, hopefully in the not to distant future.

By this post I am once again admitting my addiction to TF.

Thanks again to Dan, who is sorting me out with a website. TF rocks:thumbsup:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I thought it was quite sad about how passionate I am about tiling then I stumbled across this site and realised I wasn't alone:lol: It's also great to know that people genuinely want to help and don't make you feel daft for asking simple questons. I've been tiling for about 7-8 years and thought I knew everything I needed to but it's been a real eye opener how much stuff I didn't know! I'm on here nearly every day now, keep up the good work everyone!!

T

Turkish

Started tiling as a sideline to my normal job and the advice on here was priceless and still is! Had a break for a while when other things went...........wrong.....but now back and enjoying reading the various threads. Don`t do much tiling for others now but currently doing my own bathroom with a wet area so again TF to the rescue!!

And i don`t have any other friends......:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to What brought you to Tilers forums.co.uk in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently an A-Level DT student. My project involves me making a product for my...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
What brought you to Tilers forums.co.uk
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.