Discuss What colour adhesive to use? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Silver Birch

Hi all I have a job to do next week, first time doing quartz tiles......
3 bathrooms to do one in white composite quartz, one in black composite quartz, and lastly one in black quartz.
two are on chipboard overboarded with hardi one on concrete base.
I am going to use a two part flexi, is that right??? Any suggestions which make??
Worried about addy leaching through tiles, should I use white addy on all, or will that leach and show on black tiles??
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers

Hi Silver Birch, if you look at my profile you will see I have been in this game for a long time , I wsnt being disrespectful when I asked the question, I take it you have not been tiling for long then , as above white for the light tile and grey for the dark , the only difference is that I dont think you need to go down the two part route , every one has there favourite adhesives , mine is bal

S

Silver Birch

Hi Brian
Thanks for the reply, seems we got off on the wrong foot, it does always amaze me how we misunderstand text at times :)
I did know what to use white on light and grey on dark it was just that I have read how some of these composite tiles stain and was just double checking on here with you boys who have been doing this a lot longer than me, and therefore know better, at least I hope you all do :)
I was going the 2 part way as that is what I gathered was the addy to use when tiling on hardi over chipboard?
If I am wrong there could you recommend what I should be using? I was understanding that I needed the flexibility in it?
Cheers

S

Stef

Thanks Stef
There is so much choice out there and it seems everyone has their own favourite, I will see what my supplier has in tomorrow. Not used the s2 stuff before and am getting as much advice as I can from you guys and all is appreciated.
Cheers

I've only ever used an S1 to fix quartz but they do advise an S2.
Even TileMaster SetaFlex standard or rapid would do, it's the best S1 addy I have used, it also sticks like the proverbial because of the polymers in it..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What colour adhesive to use? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB