Discuss What course? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pilch71

Hi all,

Having done research on quite a few courses I was wondering what experiences others may have had, good and bad.

I currently live in Merseyside and I am looking at courses in Manchester, maybe as far as Birmingham.

Also, as I want to do this eventually as a full time job...

Do I need city and guilds qualifications to get work?
What qualifications do building sites recognise?
Are short courses, 4/5 days enough to get work?

There are more questions I need answering but will ask later.

Thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
http://www.sccb.ac.uk/courses/const...ing/4185-diploma-in-wall-floor-tiling-level-1

DIPLOMA IN WALL & FLOOR TILING LEVEL 1
What will I study?
This course provides you with a good introduction into the tiling industry. You will gain knowledge, understanding and skills that will set you on your way to becoming a qualified wall and floor tiler. You will learn the basic skills needed to tile a wall and floor, how to work safely and about different building methods.

Apply Online
  • A PART TIME DAY COURSE
    • Provider: South & City College Birmingham
    • Mode of attendance: Part Time Day
    • Days: Contact us for which days you'll be in college
    • 16-18 Tuition Fees: Any course under level 4 for 16-18 year olds is likely to be free.
    • 19-23 Tuition Fees: £900.00
    • International Fees: Please contact us for fee information on this course
    • Duration: 1 Academic Year(s)
    • Start Year: 2015/16
    • Start Date: September
    • Apply Online
If you would prefer to get in touch without applying online, our admissions team will be happy to help:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What course? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’m just in the middle of doing a course with UK Pro Tiling and was wondering if I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB