Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss what cutter & addy to use for marble?? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

A

All Tiles

hey guys, i priced a job for a good friend of my old mans last night, its a new build house(still in the process of being finished) . . . . but anyway theres a hole lot of tiling too be done!!!!

only thing is its all marble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bout 10mm thick.
lots of this he's wantin put on the walls and on floors in different rooms, theres roughly 160squareM in total to be done.

so i'd be greatfull if you lot could help me out with the best cutter and addy (for the walls) to use for the job????????

thanks, Ross
----
oh, jus one more thing, i'd need to tank the areas where the showers will be.

is it just a case of mixing the slurry and painting it on in the shower area?

thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

I thought polished marble or other types of stone needed sealing as the polishing process opened up the pores which would allow grime in??? Have i got this wrong????

Turkish:huh2:
You are correct Turk,
FILA POLISHED TRAV/MARBLE IMPREG SEALER http://www.**********.co.uk/productimages/fullimages/Travertine%20&MIS.jpg
Stain protection for polished travertine and marble.

S

Stone Man

I thought polished marble or other types of stone needed sealing as the polishing process opened up the pores which would allow grime in??? Have i got this wrong????

Turkish:huh2:

Polishing process opens up the pores in porcelain tiles. Not quite the same principle with marble. The best thing to do is to test each stone on its individual merits to see if it will benefit from being sealed.

Reply to what cutter & addy to use for marble?? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was hoping to get some input/help on this situation. Background: We had 12 x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what cutter & addy to use for marble??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%