Discuss what do i need to know in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

Not to be.... quote "a cocky plonker" :)
That Pro's use powder..... regardless
How regular expansion joints should be used and how they should be used in conjunction with de-coupling membranes. (can't believe I was lacking in this one for so long)
Grout stain removers shouldn't be used on Polished black porcelain (long story... how someone needed to remove grout from a twice sealed pol porc tile is still a mystery)

The list is endless, but I'm sure I'll learn more when I go out with one of the local tilers.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
I've learnt to not let house builders level floors... It was mixed that wet , it didn't consolidate and just a powdery top as you can see and slimy where water was sat for over 3 days.
image.jpg
image.jpg

J

Just Rizzle

I've learnt to not let house builders level floors... It was mixed that wet , it didn't consolidate and just a powdery top as you can see and slimy where water was sat for over 3 days. View attachment 76218 View attachment 76219
should of used tile master 30leveler there dave
did a pub kitchen wedensday , mixed with warm water . we were tiling 40 mins later . started at 10 finished by 4 pub open for business at 5. money in the bank today. :)

J

Just Rizzle

wasn't happy with one of there fitters kept telling the bosses he was a chancer no one seemed to care decided I and the plumber could do a better job and left as got offers of work from other firms whom id done work for in the past
having your eggs in one main basket some times is not a good thing. I now have control of my diary and I do what I want and when :)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
should of used tile master 30leveler there dave
did a pub kitchen wedensday , mixed with warm water . we were tiling 40 mins later . started at 10 finished by 4 pub open for business at 5. money in the bank today. :)

Nothing to do with leveller choice , they mixed it like pish and the result was an unconsolidated mess. :)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Easy to take up though so I guess they were being helpful.,

They took it up when I left site and then levelled it again , guess what ? ... Mixed it like pishh :) , result is NO it's not getting tiled . If only they let me level it but they insist they do it... #muppets.

The biggest problem now , is I've found out they have mixed brands of leveller through out the 50 Mtrs of area to be tiled. :eek:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
When meeting a client for the first time trust your spidey senses.
If he seems like an *** .....chances are he is an ***. .
It's sometimes better to pass on a job than put up with the hassle of working for a total jerk. ..
Yup, you can tell a *** from the 1st minute .
I've been to a few , go in, they tell you how todo it, you say no it's this way, you get " listen, ice done a lot of tiling and I know you do it like that"
Ok mate, do it yasen ya plonker ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Yup, you can tell a arsehole from the 1st minute .
I've been to a few , go in, they tell you how todo it, you say no it's this way, you get " listen, ice done a lot of tiling and I know you do it like that"
Ok mate, do it yasen ya cxxxxxxxxx ;)

You get a sense pretty straight away , my plonker customer radar kicks in and I'm 99% right ..

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what do i need to know in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB