UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss what do you think? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

What else can you say? I mean, pale blue wall tiles and brown floor tiles are not a great colour combination when they are in the same room!

I say that all the time to my customers but word it differently

"It's refreshing to have a customer who isn't afraid to make bold style statements" which really means "I think I have a little bit of sick in my mouth"

M

mikethetile

I was at a a really posh dinner in the officers mess with the top brass of the raf, I was dreading it as I have nothing in common with them

one didnt know what to say when I said I wasnt in the raf Im a decorator, after a short pause he asked me if I ever get asked to paint awfull colours and if I hated the colour would I refuse to use it

I told him im not paid to like it ,im paid to paint it and as far as the client is concerned they have impeccable taste

a bit like the raf then he replied:lol:

T

Tenchman

I guess i am really lucky with my job 98% of my work like my current one is restoration i first looked at it 4 years ago and the client said they'd leave it for awhile. which they did. most of the floor was loose (late Victorian mixed tiles = Encaustic ( patterned tile) & Geometric (cut tile triangle /squares etc etc various colours) the floor had shifted and dropped almost an inch & half (30mm for youngsters) it is near flat now and all loose tiles are fixed cleaning it tomorrow seal monday client will be estatic.

as i said i'm lucky:thumbsup: my other floors tend to be new repro vic floors or some one-off so don't really get much in the way of negative or as some above sick making jobs or lousy colour schemes. I truly commend your fortitude in having to put up with that . i hope that you will be able to change your clients mind on a regular basis so sick making or bad tile layouts are a thing of the past. Viva the revolution !!!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what do you think? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I recently visited an establishment and went to use the facilities and this was it! I was...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had an outdoor limestone patio laid at the start of June (finished circa 07/06/24)...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.