UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What goes around comes around? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ahhhhh. Business is business they say but you have to keep your head on and expect to be ripped off from time to time I guess. Makes you wonder how the likes of Steve Jobs got away with ripping so many people off though and still managed to build the biggest tech company going.

Dog eat dog mate. Go eat 'em.

S

Spud

I've been let down by so many people over the years that I trust only a handful of people nowadays, it's a sad way to be but, 90% of people aren't worth the time of day. Just got sick of giving, giving, giving and getting nothing back.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone
Thats exactly how I feel at the moment Bri ,some people are like that so dont waste your time with them

S

Spud

Ahhhhh. Business is business they say but you have to keep your head on and expect to be ripped off from time to time I guess. Makes you wonder how the likes of Steve Jobs got away with ripping so many people off though and still managed to build the biggest tech company going.

Dog eat dog mate. Go eat 'em.
I find in life Dan some people deserve each other and its no sweat when they think they have got one over on, true colours always come out in the end and sharks swim with sharks imo

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I've got to say since I spent 10 years in NZ I have a different approach to people most of the time. Treat others as you expect to be treated and you won't go too far wrong. I found kiwi's very positive people and very much a can do attitude. Sadly lacking in the UK nowadays. Dog eat dog and who can hit over next. Not nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

I've got to say since I spent 10 years in NZ I have a different approach to people most of the time. Treat others as you expect to be treated and you won't go too far wrong. I found kiwi's very positive people and very much a can do attitude. Sadly lacking in the UK nowadays. Dog eat dog and who can hit over next. Not nice.
very true but surprising when it comes from family/friends but a wake up call helping you realise they were not the people you thought they were

Last edited by a moderator:

gamma38

TF
Bedford
very true but surprising when it comes from family/friends but a wake up call helping you realise they were not the people you thought they were
Yes good call. But I don't think you will or can ever see it coming from friends or family. Worst sort of kick in the nuts!!!! There is still more good people than bad though remember that.

P

Pebbs

I deal with a lot of 'scum bags' at one company in particular, who will remain nameless. So last year I finally had enough, and refused to give them any estimates, that way we would not get stitched up in the future. They gave me the old twaddle...very disappointed in you Lynn..the usual stuff. What is the point in doing a contract knowing full well they are going to take 14 weeks to pay, and then knock the last invoice? You have to be on your guard at all times now, if they can they will fleece you, doesn't matter how long you have known them, doesn't matter if they come to your Christmas drink ups, nothing counts these days, they will stab you in the back, if they think they can get one over on you. You don't need these so called 'mates' don't answer the calls don't reply to their emails, they soon get the message. Its not a case of burning your bridges its a case of self preservation and retaining your sanity.

Lynn

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What goes around comes around? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.