UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What has gone wrong? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

parchy99

Guys could really do with some advice.

Ive laid some chinese natural slate, cleaned and sealed for grouting. No problems.

Today ive grouted (or tried to) and the grout is sticking to the floor . I cant clean it off properly and it seems embedded in. Ive cleaned and cleaned and cleaned, but to no avail. Ive sacked it off pending advice so my 3 questions i have are:

1) what have i done wrong? Obviously something. I appreciate this is difficult to say without pictures, but any guesses would be appreciated.

2) What can i do so the second half of the kitchen doesnt go the same way?

3) what is the best way to remove this grout safely without ruining the tiles?

thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
P

parchy99

Hi,

The grout is bal micromax gun metal.

I applied the grout in the usual fashion, pressing into the grouting spaces, left for 15 minutes, then tried to wash off with a damp sponge. It was like the damage was immediately done. I couldnt get it out. I decided to leave it for less, and less time, but the same thing happened.

The slate is some stuff that the customer bulk bought from ebay. It comes in a cardboard box with "made in china" stamped on it. It really isnt like any slate i have ever seen before. Ultra brittle, very porous, with orange streaks that bleed when it comes into contact with liquid, even after sealing.

any further advice on removal would be helpful

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What has gone wrong? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.