Currently reading:
What is bebeath this "stopcock" hatch? Discussion Thread

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss What is bebeath this "stopcock" hatch? Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

What is bebeath this "stopcock" hatch? Discussion Thread

Just in front of my house is this iron cover with "stopcock" on it (see attached photo)

However, when I lift the lid and look inside there is apparently not a stopcock, but some sort of a vertical metal structure with a cable attached to it. Can anyone tell me what it is? The void was partially filled with sand, most of which I have scooped out. Is the sand supposed to be there, or did it just get washed in from the garden?

I am asking because I am contemplating siting and air source heat pump nearby. Would this feature be an impediment?

What is bebeath this "stopcock" hatch? for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to What is bebeath this "stopcock" hatch? Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I
  • Article
Heat Exchanger with AGA and heat pump Discussion Thread Hi All I have a client asking whether they can still use the AGA to heat rads once the air source heat pump is in. I think it is possible...
Replies
Views
Ian McGuire
I
  • Article
What's the most badly designed accessory you've had to install? Discussion ThreadWhat's the most badly designed accessory you've had to install? Electrical Advice What's the most badly designed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Tilers Community
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

TF on Facebook

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.