Discuss What is best for bathroom sub-floor? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

V

vrytir

I will go for 18mm WBP plywood and 6mm tile mate backerboard as this is recommend for floors (12mm is not recommended as I previously wanted to use)
yes that's fine provided you can afford the extra height. the ufh will raise the height by a further 5mm or so too and ensure you cover the cables/matting with slc (self levelling) prior to tiling
I thought that I just lay underheating cables than use flexible adhesive to cover it and use this "cover" to tille straight on this.

When screwing backerboard to ply, do I screw in to the studs or is it O.K. just in to the plywood?

M

Mike

I will go for 18mm WBP plywood and 6mm tile mate backerboard as this is recommend for floors (12mm is not recommended as I previously wanted to use)

I thought that I just lay underheating cables than use flexible adhesive to cover it and use this "cover" to tille straight on this.

When screwing backerboard to ply, do I screw in to the studs or is it O.K. just in to the plywood?
if you use slc over the cables this will ensure the cables are fully covered and prevent any hotspots in the cable,it will also help prevent you damaging the cable whilst laying the tiles and it will give you a nice flat surface to tile onto.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What is best for bathroom sub-floor? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB