Discuss what is good sealant for shale? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

darwin

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and I have a question about sealing shale. I recently pressure washed a shale terrace about 1300 square ft, (gently of course with low pressure). Any how I will be replacing some of the grout and I need a recomendation for a good sealant. There is probably in excess of 2000 linear ft of grout and I really do not want to brush seal all of it. It would be great to spray or roll a sealant over the entire surface for two reasons. The first obviously is the time I would save. Secondly the shale has a 'washed out look'. Viewed from the side it has pretty good color but when viewed directly it is faded-a reflective property of the stone I am guessing. There are some truely beautiful stones in this terrace and I would love to restore the color and a little shine. One of my concerns is creating a slippery surface so if anyone knows of a suitable sealant that is somewhat penetrating and can bring back some life to the stones that would be brilliant. I don't have much experience with shale but it seems somewhat porus.

Thanks in advance for your help! I appreciate it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what is good sealant for shale? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Thanks for taking your time to read through this and really appreciate the support! So me and...
Replies
Views
Hi I am about to build a small wetroom (900 x 1850) and will be using an AKW former. The...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
A long post and not tiling but I hope someone can help, I'm trying to get some decent...
Replies
Views
O
So after a couple of weeks trialing @ISOMAT UK products, thought it was time to give initial...
Replies
Views
S
A
Hi all, I have recently had an Indian Sandstone installed in Oxfordshire, after some thought I...
Replies
Views
DavidK
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
what is good sealant for shale?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.