Discuss What is it with main contractors in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

I was speaking to a guy the other day who was asking a contractor for payment of work he had done ( I don't know what the terms of payment were when he took the job ) to be told he should speak to the bank about a loan to ease his cash flow . I had somebody ask me to do some work with terms of 30 day end of month invoice . I would of finished the work on or about the fifth . Why do they expect other trades to bankroll their business .

D

Dumbo

Up in Aberdeenshire, we are asked to do the work, supply tiles, adhesives etc then wait til the end of the following month(of completion of job) before payment. Means you have to have a good bank balance before you start. Just takes one bugger not to pay for an extra month before your *** cheeks start clenching.
Don't see why you should bankroll their business

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What is it with main contractors in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB