Discuss What Is This Screed? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

Apartment block in Leeds.
50mm screed over dpm/insulation
During the rip out today one of the tiles brought a full depth chunk with it and it's very damp.
Been untouched since built 8 years ago.

Any thoughts are appreciated thanks

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

As Mark (Whitebeam) says 65mm is minimum., if it is semi-dry it should be 4:1 grit sand and portland mixed so you can compress a hand full and it is not to wet, but stays firm in your palm.

A lot of fixers mixed by hand, so you will never get the exact ratio, ready mix is much more accurate, you can also have retarders added at the batching plant, this can give you longer to work with the load.

Regards, Phil.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What Is This Screed? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Need some help please with calculating levels and the build up of the floor to support tiling...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I am desperately trying to come up with an idea how to repair bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am new to this forum but after some advice if possible please. I am building a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Hi all New to the forum so hello, please go gentle, and let me know if I'm posting in the wrong...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB