Discuss what me and Kev are on with in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

thought you guys may be interested to have a look at the current job we are on with

I used wedi scored board to make the enclosure as the moltoromo units where too expensive.

kevs tiling is bringing the job together and we are pleased with the look so far

Spanish

Attachments

• Photo-0034.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Photo-0022.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Photo-0025.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Photo-0026.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Photo-0036.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 62
the front profile of the tray was scribed to the correct circumferance and the first scored board glued and shtecked to it and the floor, the boards are spanked to the back wall and glued.

scores are filled with spf and joints tapped, i then render the face to give me a nice curve

following layers are shtecked together, glued and spf'ed

internaly there will be a flat boxed panel for the shower feed and control (i'lux)

the internal joints are taped and tanked (benfer skrim)

never had to add any rods or similar to give support, there will be a 300 glass panel to the end of the curve and this has a support arm to the back wall.

as for the cieling I dont know what they will do with it ?

nice spanish,do you use the wedi fibreglass roll(forgot its proper name sorry) to wrap round that and reinforce it?

only ask as im doing a curved bath front in glass the same idea/method

only along joints running between boards

for a curved bath panel i make a ply former to the requiered shape, lay the scored board over it and then fill the grooves with spf and trowel to a smooth finish. take off former when cured. for glass i would go over with a palm sander whilst on the former

Reply to what me and Kev are on with in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

NORTH YORKSHIRE

Thread Information

Title
what me and Kev are on with
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.