Discuss What plasterboard to use for travertine? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieee

Putting plasterboard up on studwork and i am unsure what plasterboard to use? The moisture resistant stuff? Its just a general bathroom with a bath/shower, extraction fan, toilet and basin.

I will be tiling directly onto the plasterboard, will i be better off with the tapered edge pasterboard then as i won't be skimming?

How should i prime the plasterboard aswell? Is this needed?

Sorry for all the questions!!

S

SJPurdy

check that the weight of your tiling (tiles + adhesive+grout) does not exceed 32kg/m2 on the (assumed correctly fitted) plasterboard. (I guess that is equivalent to trav of 10mm thick). The weight limit for the top half of your walls (lath and plaster) will be much less (plaster weight limit is 20 kg/m2 - assuming this even applies to lath and plaster!) and so unless you have thin trav. then I would recommend these are replaced with plasterboard (or better) if you want to tile them.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What plasterboard to use for travertine? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Sealing Moisture resistant plasterboard Hi I am new here, I have been reading through many of...
Replies
Views
Hi, prepping room for tiling. 6mm hardibacker on floor and 12m in shower area. rest of room &...
Replies
Views
L
O
I'm looking for some reassurance that I can get away with tiling onto the skimmed moisture...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB