Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what the best mobile on PAYG in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I am on Orange PAYG, Joe, and I LOVE my Sony Erikson K800i. It's not the world's prettiest phone, but has a very good 3.2 (I think? or maybe just 3..) MP camera.. most the photos in my album were taken with it, and it's just great. I bought an extra memory card for more photo storage, but then I take a lot of photos..:thumbsup: Highly recommended.

If your wife uses skype there are skype combination phones, too, free phone calls to other skype users, - check on the skype site) but dependent on £10 top up per month minimum.

H

hillhead

The k800i is a cyber shot phone.. so really suited for pics.. i know coz i have had one..:thumbsup:

I have the C902 cybershot.. and another good one..

Does she like touch screen phones..?

Her current is a nokia something and i know she doesn't like it so i'm going to surprise her with something nice and better than what she has,a touch screen would do ok i'm sure.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Any ideas what is a real good phone on pay as you go?
I am thinking of buying my wife new phone for her birthday in 2 weeks time and want something good ! good memory and pic quality and right price if worth it?

Enquire about PAYG by all means. But if she sends the pictures on via MMS or whatever, and uses it to text a bit, and call a bit too, you may find that a new sponsors of ours (not yet on this forum due to the forum upgrade) can help! :)

Sorry to sound cheesy there, but as normal with our sponsors, they do help, and it's always price-wise! :D

Fresh Comms UK Limited - Mobile Broadband, Business Landline, B2B, Communications Solutions provide business mobiles and contracts. Not PAYG, which is why I said 'if she uses this this and this'. I'd seriously consider giving them a quick tinkle and tell them 'Dan sent you from the forum' and you were considering PAYG for the other half, but Dan said you may be able to help with a better rate providing it's not one of those phones you buy on PAYG and stick in the car as a spare backup accident emergency type phone scenario.

I mentioned FreshComms the other day on the forum (in the arms I think) and a guy replied saying he'd dealt with them and knew they were brilliant - I'm struggling to find the post now though).

Generally though (I worked in the mobile phone industry for a few years many years ago) you'll tend to find that a PAYG handset will be only slightly subsidised (so it costs you more) and a contract phone is heavily subsidised (did you know a phone that is free on a £15 per month contract, might be £150 on PAYG, but £450 sim-free!!!! - they know you're more likely to use the phone on their network if they send you a sim on their network with their PAYG subsidised phone than if you buy one sim-free, so they expect cash back off the call charges etc).

Now business to business mobiles are better than consumer mobiles. They are often used more, and are often more expensive phones (so more subsidy pay out on their behalf).

Now although your Mrs may not use the phone much, they just don't have a system in place at the time of purchase to work out what you'll be spending other than what you say you will be, so if you say "I'll not be spending much on this one, it's for the Mrs, and actually, we were looking for PAYG" they're highly likely to say "well I have a package for you, and it's still heavily subsidised for business customers".

I'll not go into detail reason-wise. But basically it's just to do with the amount of business customers per normal customers being at a ratio of about 1:100, and although their systems and processes they make up consider all customers, they normally invest most of their time chasing normal consumers and not business customers, so the much smaller departments of all networks even (let alone the departments that manage the independent dealers who just connect to networks) business-wise just don't have the same investment into research to create packages, so they partly setup their incentive (commission) to independent dealers based around how much business they get in as a whole, and not how much money they make per contract, PAYG phone, or SIM-Free.

So anyway, FreshComms (fresh communications) provide to the forum a very attractive rate (not quotable due to the customisation of each deal) and would be the first phone call when consider a mobile in my eyes. :)

Give 'em a bell mate, tell 'em Dan sent you.

Reply to what the best mobile on PAYG in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what the best mobile on PAYG
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.